1.09.2011

Bawal Magkasakit!

9 days and still counting... I am still sick and I can't take it. Good thing I do not have to go on  9-6 job and I get to stay at home. I have nothing else to blame but the fumes from the fireworks on New Year's Eve. I should have just followed my instincts and stayed inside the house rather than feast on the colorful lights and the deafening sounds that we are so accustomed to have to welcome the new year.

Where did this tradition come from anyway? Probably I'm going to Google the answer later on, but for now I'm wishing that in the future, we can think of alternative ways to spend the new year without fearing the consequences of such seemingly harmless instruments.

For now, probably for the next few years, I will stick with what I am used to... I am never going out of the house on New Year's eve ever again unless Manila is declared a fireworks-free city. I will just be contented to bang a spoon or a fork on a metal pot cover to make some noise around the house, and I am just going to east my eyes on the fireworks display that will be shown on the television.

I will feel better in a few days, but I will never forget the lesson I've learned the hard way during the onset of 2011. I don't want to be sick again on the first few days of a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment