1.07.2011

My Purple Haven

I have been learning the ropes of blogging since 2008 However, I have to admit that I did it for the wrong reasons. I let the side of me that's craving for material satisfaction win. So, almost three years after I ventured into this world, I have parts and parcels of me scattered all over the place.


I started a blog featuring my favorite songs. I have a blog about my favorite author. I have a blog about my online money-making ventures, and so on and so forth. But I don't update them anymore. Not because I don't have anything to write about, but because I simply don't know where to start.


It took me a couple of months of pondering to finally realize why I suddenly lack the motivation to write. It's not because I lost my writing skills; it's not because I don't have anything to write about. It's because for the longest time I have been writing for the wrong reasons, and in a way I lost myself in the process.


A few years back, I can look any person in the eye and tell him or her what I really want in life. But now, I can't even face myself in the mirror and know what I really want to achieve in my life. I still don't know what's in store for me I am not sure if the new year spells a new beginning for me, but I sure hope that before the year ends, I will be able to go back to my roots, appreciate the blessings I currently have, and know what lies ahead. And I hope I can have things figured out soon.


So, as a start, I am going to make things right once and for all, and keep a little virtual space to myself which I can also share with the people who are significant in my life, hoping that in the process I will be able to  know what I really want and what I am really meant to do in this world.


Purple has been my favorite color since I was a teenager. It has been a source of inspiration for me during my moments of confusion and despair, and I hope setting up my own purple haven will allow me to find the right path soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment