1.07.2011

The Song of My Heart

I started singing since I was around 5 years old, and to honor that fact, I want to start out by posting a song that is very special to me. But when I started thinking what my favorite song is, I realized that I actually don't have one. If there's one thing about myself that I am sure of, it's that I am very emotional, and my favorite song usually changes depending on what my heaviest emotions are at the moment. So I checked out a blog I used to have featuring my favorite songs and poems just to check if there's any song in there that I could own. If a penguin can have a heart song, then it's not impossible for me to have one as well.

And I was right, after all. I think I found a song that I was able to relate to a few years back, a song that I can still relate to in the present, and a song that can still reflect my emotions when I am old and reminiscing on my deathbed. I even had the following note written on my previous blog for this song:

"NO RUSH


Loving someone does not mean you have to love that person now. Loving someone at the wrong place and at the wrong time usually makes things complicated.


If it's true love, it will withstand time and distance, and even if we need to sacrifice a little, true love does not have to be rushed. Waiting to be at the right place and at the right time to love someone definitely has benefits that we will never get if we hurry love."

I have believed in love since I was a kid. I almost lost faith when my husband and I got separated for a while, but got it back when we were finally able to reconcile. I know that at this point in my life I am not sure where my decisions will lead me, but I am sure that if my brain does not have the capacity to lead me to the right path, my heart will be able to compensate. I am not sure if this will really be my heart song until the day I die, but for now I think it is.

For those who don't know Basia's Time and Tide, let me share the video and the lyrics of the song:










TIME AND TIDE
by Basia


Yeah

It's hard for me to stop my heart
Love never knows when the time is right
I don't want to hurt anybody
But I can't help lovin' you

I never felt like this before
I know there's a special place worth waiting for
Let life takes it course
That's the only thing for us to do, yeah

We've got time, oh baby, there's no rush
Gonna be a better day for us
Hang on and I will wait for you
Our love will always stay as good as new
Time and tide
Nothin' and no one can stop us now
For better, for worse
This time I'm sure
It's gonna last

How can I stop my heart
Love never knows when the time is right
I don't want to hurt anybody
I don't wanna make them cry
Don't wanna make them cry

We've got time, oh baby, there's no rush
Gonna be a better day for us
Hang on and I will wait for you
Our love will always stay as good as new
Time and tide
Nothin' and no one can stop us now
For better, for worse
This time I'm sure
It's gonna last

hey, hey, hey

It's a matter of time, yeah
Only a matter of time,
Just a matter of time...

Time and tide
Nothin' and no one can stop us now
For better, for worse
This time I'm sure
It's gonna last
Gonna last forever!

We've got time, oh baby, there's no rush
Gonna be a better day for us
Hang on and I will wait for you

No comments:

Post a Comment